- All Display advertisements on the Power Package.
publication/edition. Black & White in Guwahati Print Run,
DISPLAY/FINANCIAL - BLACK & WHITE AND brands, whether Black &
White or Colour will attract colour rates.
- Package rates will apply only if the advertisement
released is of equal size for the same product / service across
all publications in a single insertion, except for compact size
publications, where a full page of broadsheet can be published in
full page size of compact.
- Across multiple insertions, the size can vary upto 50%
from the largest size ad.
- Similarly, multiple brands within a product category can
be advertised across multiple insertions.
- There is a pre-determined break-up of allocation to
publications / editions comprising of power package (available at
all our Response offices) which will be used in case of refunds.
- Advertisers using a Power Package can additionally opt
for any other publication / edition listed in the OTS Maximizer
at their respective multiple rates except in the case where the
base rate of the publication / edition added is greater than that
of the Power Package.
- Editions will be allowed within power packages or
- Advertisers have the flexibility of not placing their ads
in certain editions of a selected package. However, entire
package rate will be charged.
- Full run of TOI -Delhi includes Delhi, NCR, Chandigarh,
Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Haryana
and in adjacent areas of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
& Chattisgarh. Metro/Capital run of TOI Delhi includes TOI Delhi
City and NCR circulation only. TOI Delhi Upcountry includes
Western Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand & Parts of Madhya Pradesh,
Haryana, Rajasthan & Chattisgarh.
- TOI-East includes Kolkata (Metro) and Guwahati.
- Colour ads booked for inside pages of ET-K will appear in
Black & White in the Patna print run. Similarly, ET-Che in Cochin
- Base rates are applicable in case an advertiser avails
any single publication/edition.
- Publication/ package with the highest rate psc in the
combination chosen. The other edition(s)/ publication(s) may be
added to the publication(s)/ package(s) at their respective
- Multiple rate entitles to repeat of the same ad as the
base Publication/Power Package in the ratio of 1:1 i.e. if three
insertions are availed in a single release order, only three can
be added-on, the rest will go on the applicable base rates.
- The base package / publication / edition and the selected
multiples must all be availed within the time frame stipulated
for the base package/publication / edition.
- Any combination rate lower than the base rate will not
- Pointer rate is common for both Black & White as well as
- Colour ads booked for TOI-East in the inside pages will
be published as Black & White in Guwahati Print Run,
- Advertisers can avail of colour in the inside pages of
TOI-D in the capital edition only.
- Colour ads in the inside pages of the Hubli run of TOI-Bg
will appear in Black and White.
- Colour appointment ads in Ascent - Delhi will appear in
colour in capital edition only, and will appear in Black & White
in other editions.
- In case of an ad copy that could be mistaken for a
genuine news/edit feature, it must be marked "ADVT". The font
size for the "ADVT" must be 1 point larger than the body copy of
the ad, in bold upper case and must be placed prominently on the
top/bottom of the creative. In the event of the ad creative not
being clearly marked "ADVT" , the same would be done by The Times
Group. The body copy of the ad creative must not follow the font
size or the font family of the concerned newspaper. This applies
to advertorial as well.
DISPLAY/FINANCIAL - BLACK & WHITE AND COLOUR LINKAGE
Advertisers can combine Black & White offerings with
colour across Power Packages /OTS Maximizer i.e. An advertiser
using TOI-D,L with Delhi in colour the rate applicable will be
base rate of TOI-D from the colour OTS Maximiser and multiple
rate of Lucknow as per the Black and White OTS Maximizer. (Power
package as per the pre-determined breakup available with our
respective Response offices. Other combinations - Applicable rate
as per the Black & White and Colour OTS Maximizer.)
Web links to advertiser's websites will be available at a
flat charge of Rs. 500/- per ad in a publication/ package per web
link (multiple web links per ad possible).
GUIDELINES & SPECIFICATIONS - NEWSPAPER
The dimension of an advertisment should be in cm x cm (
square centimeter), hence it is imperative to define size of an
ad as "Width x Height" in all communications including the
Minimum size of an ad should be 4cm x 3cm. In case of
appointments, minimum size of an ad should be 8cm x 6cm (overseas
- 8 cm x 4 cm) & in multiples of 8cms in width.
Ads will be accepted in units of integer centimeters both
in width & height i.e. width or height of an advertisement should
not be represented in decimals i.e. 25.5 cms. Only for ads which
are carried in fixed sizes (refer Block 'A') ad sizes will be
accepted in fractions of a centimeter in width as specified.
In case the ad width is equal to the page width the
published width will be 32.9 cms - for broadsheet publications.
Ads above 47 cms in height (Appointment 43 cms - Ascent,
42 cms - Overseas Appointments) will be charged at 52.5 cms - for
Ads above 29 cms in height will be charged at a height of
32.9 cms - for Mirror and Sandhya Times publications.
Ads above 29 cms in width will be charged at a width of
32.9 cms - for broadsheet publications.
Ads above 21 cms in width will be charged at a width of
25.3 cms - for Mirror and Sandhya Times publications.
Full page width strip ad should be minimum of 3 cm in
In terms of ad size for billing purposes, a fraction of
sq.cm will be adjusted to the nearest integral sq.cm. For eg: ads
measuring 5cms x 5.5cms = 27.5 sq cm will be charged at 28 sq cm.
The maximum dimension acceptable is 32.9 cms in width and
52.5 cms in height for broadsheets and 25.3 cms in width and 32.9
cms in height for Sandhya Times and Mirror.
Panorama Centre Spread width = 67.8 cms. In case of
Sandhya Times and Mirror the width is 52.5 cms.
MATERIAL SPECIFICATIONS - BROADSHEET
|Black & White Ads
||3 clear days in advance
|Colour Ads- SNP
||Colour +ve with PP
||3 days in advance
||Colour +ve with PP
||2 weeks in advance
DIGITAL MATERIAL SPECIFICATIONS - BROADSHEET
||Uncompressed and generic : EPS, PDF (Version 1.2 or
||1200 DPI for SNP Black and White and Colour 2540 DPI
for GNP Colour
||Convert all text to curves/vectors.
|Front Page / Sports Front Page / Business Times
||12x20,12x25 cm or 16x25 cm
||25.3 cms x 5 cms
||12x20,12x25 cm or 16x25 cm
||8x15 cm upto 16x25 cm
||8x15 or 12x10 cm upto 12 x 15 cm
||4.89 cm x 3 cm
||3.85 x 3 cm
||3.85 x 3 cm
||3.85 x 3 cm
GUIDELINES & SPECIFICATIONS
RULES FOR ACCEPTANCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS
- Advertisements must comply with:
a) Our code of
b) State laws
- We stand indemnified against any claims arising directly
or indirectly from the publication or non- publication of an
- Advertisements are accepted in good faith but we cannot
accept responsibility for their veracity, delay, error, omission
in publication, forwarding replies and shrinkage in production
- We may at our sole discretion edit, classify, reject and
choose to omit, suspend or change the position of any
- We endeavour to publish advertisements on schedule but
the dates of publication cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the
right to advance or postpone the date or release by a week,
either way albeit after prior intimation.
- We reserve the right to revise rates & terms without
issuing any prior notice. In the event of any national, state or
local levies being imposed on printing materials, such taxes will
be payable by the advertiser.
- We are not bound by any conditions which conflict with
those stated in our rate card.
- These conditions are cumulative on any specific agreement
that may be set forth between our Response Department and
- Release orders received at incorrect rates will be
complied with at the applicable tariff in force.
- Irrespective of the rates mentioned in the R/O, the rate
applicable to the category of ad released would be charged and
- All release orders must be accompanied with advertisement
material before the deadline as specified under Material
Specification in the Maximizer. If in exceptional situations a
confirmation is required, on the basis of a letter or RO without
accompanying material, agency /client will have to boldly
inscribe the legend "RATE CATEGORY AS DETERMINED BY YOU IS
ACCEPTABLE" on both letter and the RO.
- All Release Orders having multiple publications/ editions
should be consumed within the time specified.
- Rate, as applicable on the insertion date will apply,
irrespective of the date of booking.
- Series Incentives: All insertion dates must be mentioned
in a single release order to qualify for series incentives.
- Reservations which are not confirmed prior to the booking
deadline will stand cancelled.
- Justified and accepted complaints entitle advertisers to
a maximum refund of the insertion cost.
- We reserve the right to cancel advertising at any time
upon default in payment.
- Size variation in advertisements is permissible only to
the extent of dealers' addresses/Walk-in interview ads.
- Certified voucher cutting of advertisements will be
provided on request latest upto 1 month of the date of
- We do not accept any responsibility for advertisements
missed or rejected subsequent to acceptance of Release
- Materials will be retained at our end for a period of one
month from the date of publication. Advertisers wanting to recall
their materials should do so within 30 days, as after this period
we will not be responsible for any material / republishing the ad
- Last page of the publication minus pull outs of
features/supplements is to be considered as the back page.
- If an agency/client submits a laser print/artwork the
responsibility of reproduction rests with the agency/client.
- Overseas recruitment Agent to disclose their recruitment
License number in the material
- Death Certificate may be required for obituary
- FIR lodged proof to be provided for missing
- Complaints on advertisements regarding reproduction etc.
must be brought to our notice within a week of publication of the
advertise-ment, otherwise they may not be entertained.
- Unless there are different creatives, only one set of
creatives maybe submitted for orders involving multiple
publications of our group either in bromide/positive form or in
digital form (as per our standards of Digital Ad Acceptance).
- For Panorama Ads you would be required to submit:
Positives for centres: Chandigarh, Lucknow, Patna,
Bangalore, Hubli, Manipal, Kolkata, Eastern India Split,
Bhubaneshwar, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennai and Cochin.
Negatives for centres: Delhi, Mumbai and Pune in physical
form only. Please contact our local offices for further details.
- Responsibility of providing the ad material vests with
the agency who places the order.
- Add-on to an already existing release order should be
done within seven working days after the last insertion date or
30 days from the first insertion whichever is later. This is
subject to a maximum period of 90 days between the first
insertion and the last in the release order.
- Proofs received along with digital material in CD/other
form are only for reference and not for matching reproduction.
Proofs received on SNP only be used for matching with
reproduction. In cases where proof is not on SNP, the
reproduction responsibility will rest with the advertiser.
- Ads published can have variation of plus or minus 2 mm
from the specified size. All materials which are accepted are
carried in the stipulated size given, however, due to format used
/ calibration issue the ad may be published within a variation of
plus or minus 2 mm. The advertisement however, will be charged at
the stipulated size only.
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT CHARGES* (for reserved /
|BE/ Times Life / CD
Cancellation charges would be 10% of the total value of the ad
for Mainline and Tims. Cancellation charges shall be applicable
to premium positions viz. Pg 1 / Pg 3 / Pg 5 / Back Page. Refer
to Scheduling Guidelines for further details.
cancellation will be accepted once the issue has been finalised
i.e. after the issue closing deadlines. * Cancellation charges
for Ascent - as per local guidelines.